The decision was taken by the chief minister of the state after a high-level meeting was conducted with special chief secretary of education Chitra Ramachandran, commissioner and secretary of Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education (TSBIE) Syed Omer Jaleel, director of government examinations (DGE) A Satyanarayana Reddy and submitted their proposal on examinations.
“The state has decided to cancel SSC exams and postpone intermediate exams,” said Jaleel.
Issuing a notice on Thursday, Chitra Ramchandran, special chief secretary to government, said “Considering the present pandemic situation prevailing in the state and also keeping in view of the CBSE notification, Government hereby cancel all 10th class exams to be held from 17th May, 2021.”
While the SSC exams are scheduled to be held from May 17, intermediate exams were supposed to start from May 1.
Every year, more than 5 lakh students appear for the SSC examinations and about 9.5 lakh students appear for intermediate first and second-year exams.
The inter board had already postponed practical exams, which were scheduled to be held from April 7. The board had earlier decided to conduct these exams after the theory examination i.e from May 29, 2021, to June 7, 2021. Instead of conducting physical exams, it had also asked students to submit two papers– Ethics and Human Values and Environmental Education , as assignments from home in the pdf format.
TS SSC Exam cancelled: Key points
- The Telangana government on Thursday decided to cancel the class 10 examinations to be held from May 17, 2021
- The results will be prepared based on objective criteria to be developed by the SSC Board, Telangana at later date
- Any candidate not satisfied with marks allotted will be allowed to sit in an exam as and when the conditions are conducive
Inter 1st Year
- All intermediate first year students will be promoted without exams
- Exams will be held whenever possible at a future date
Inter 2nd Year
- All intermediate second year exams proposed from 1st to 19th May, 2021, exams are postponed
- Review will be held in the first week of June and future dates will be announced with at least 15 days notice for the exams
- 25 percent weightage of intermediate marks will not be considered for EAMCET this year