Pakistan refutes involvement of Lashkar-e-Taiba in the Pahalgam terror attack and claims its terror networks have been dismantled. Here’s a detailed look at the ongoing developments and reactions from both sides.

Pakistan Rejects Lashkar-e-Taiba Involvement in Pahalgam Terror Attack, Asserts Network Dismantled
Islamabad/New Delhi – Amid rising tensions following the recent terror attack on a convoy of tourists in Pahalgam, Pakistan has officially denied any link between the banned terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and the incident. In a statement released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan asserted that its counterterrorism efforts have led to the “dismantling of all major terror networks” operating from its soil.
The claim comes just days after Indian authorities blamed Pakistan-based groups for orchestrating the attack, which left multiple civilians injured and heightened security concerns in Jammu and Kashmir.
The Pahalgam Attack — What Happened?
The incident occurred on July 16 near the tourist town of Pahalgam in south Kashmir’s Anantnag district. A convoy carrying tourists was ambushed by armed militants who opened fire indiscriminately before fleeing the scene.
Although no group claimed responsibility immediately, Indian intelligence agencies quickly pointed toward Lashkar-e-Taiba, citing intercepts and patterns similar to previous attacks allegedly linked to the group.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah condemned the attack and vowed a strong response. “Terrorism will not be tolerated in any form. The perpetrators will be hunted down,” he said.
In its response, the Pakistani government issued a strong denial of any involvement. The Foreign Office spokesperson stated:
“We categorically reject any insinuations that link Pakistan or any Pakistan-based group to the Pahalgam attack. Pakistan has taken robust and sustained actions against all terror groups, including those previously active within the region.”
The spokesperson added that Pakistan remains committed to regional peace and stability and condemned terrorism in all forms.
One of the key highlights of the statement was Pakistan’s claim that its counterterrorism operations over the past decade have dismantled organized terror infrastructure.
“We have undertaken extensive security operations such as Zarb-e-Azb and Radd-ul-Fasaad. These efforts have eliminated sanctuaries and significantly degraded any operational capacity of non-state actors,” the statement read.
Pakistan also emphasized its continued cooperation with international counterterrorism frameworks, including its compliance with FATF (Financial Action Task Force) regulations.
Indian officials, however, remain unconvinced. Intelligence reports suggest that handlers from across the border had coordinated with local overground workers (OGWs) to carry out the Pahalgam attack.
A senior security officer in Kashmir told reporters, “There is enough circumstantial and digital evidence pointing toward the involvement of LeT’s proxy elements. Pakistan’s denial is part of their usual pattern.”
Lashkar-e-Taiba, a UN-designated terror group, has been linked to multiple major attacks in India, including the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks. Though officially banned in Pakistan, the group is believed to operate under various front organizations like Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) and Falah-e-Insaniyat Foundation (FIF).
Despite international pressure and sanctions, many in India and abroad accuse Pakistan of failing to fully clamp down on these entities. Pakistan, on the other hand, claims to have taken action by arresting key figures and freezing bank accounts linked to terror financing.
Global reactions have been cautious. The United States, European Union, and United Nations have condemned the Pahalgam attack but have stopped short of naming any specific perpetrators.
U.S. State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said:
“We stand with the victims of this heinous act and urge all parties to work together to prevent further violence. Accountability is crucial.”
As the situation unfolds, both countries are expected to intensify diplomatic exchanges. India may raise the issue again at international forums, especially if further evidence emerges about cross-border involvement.
Meanwhile, the security grid in Kashmir has been tightened, with more personnel deployed in sensitive zones. Intelligence-based operations have been launched to track down those responsible.
The Pahalgam attack has once again brought India-Pakistan tensions to the forefront, especially regarding cross-border terrorism. While Pakistan’s denial and claim of dismantling its terror networks may appeal to the global community, skepticism remains high in India.
Until verifiable actions are taken on both sides and credible investigations are allowed to proceed, the cycle of accusation and denial is likely to persist.
READ ALSO…..Mumbai Police Arrest BJP, NCP(SP) Workers After Clash 18May